December 20, 2008

Still Written Off

I have a blocked nose and a soiled handkerchief (I know you really wanted to know that :P). I'm not coughing though, and I refuse too.

Shopping was done today, there are some wonderful arcades in downtown Kyoto. Highlight was finding a model shop - that was actually a model shop! Floor to ceiling 'assembly required'! Although it turns out wierd sometimes (Umbrella stores for instance, or socks), this seems to be the way things go in Japan, that most shops are highly specialised.
Model store also stocked model railroad stuff, mostly on the miniature gauge (which my Pop used to have). Lots of nostalgia. :) If not for the relative expense I would have bought some (still might). Unfortunately no Shinkansen700 models.. those things are AWESOME.
..I sound like a train buff now, don't I..? I suppose if I ever had the time or space.. *daydreaming*

Anyway, tomorrow we're heading to Kanazawa for a few days; most likely we'll be back to sightseeing again (And I'll have something more interesting to talk about!)

1 comment: